Saturday, October 27, 2007

Chapter Two: It Won't Be Long

So we moved on to the wonderful world of ARTs, or Assisted Reproductive Technology, in September of 2006. It's amazing how our views on this had changed. At the beginning of our TTC journey, we were in agreement that if we couldn't conceive on our own, that we'd pursue adoption. A year later, after 12 cycles and 12 disappointments, we thought we'd give ARTs a whirl. By this time I was involved in an online community of women who were experiencing infertility as I was, and my exposure to medical intervention was increasing. It seemed to be such a common thing, at least among the infertile crowd.

Fortunately, my health insurance would cover up to six Intrauterine Inseminations (IUI) and all the medication I would need. Fantastic. Except I was confident that I wouldn't need six. With my new RE and our new plan, this would surely work. I'd be pregnant soon.

No comments: