Monday, October 29, 2007

Chapter Sixteen: Something

After two weeks of waiting, my beta day had arrived, Friday, October 5, 2007. I was so nervous because, despite everything that had happened, there was still a small chance that I could be pregnant. So I drove into the city early in the morning as I had so many times before, where my blood was drawn.

When the nurse called that afternoon with the results, I was shaking. She told me that my beta was 43. This was a very low number for 14 days past ovulation. A positive result, but a low number. The nurse suggested that it could be a chemical pregnancy. I was crushed. I wanted an answer. Even if the answer was negative, I wanted to be able to discontinue the PIO shots, move on, and prepare for the next step, whatever that may be.

So all that waiting, and I did not have a definitive answer.

No comments: