Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chapter Nine: I'm So Tired

In May, 2006 it was back to ARTs. What a bummer. Back to early morning wake-ups, schlepping my tired ass into the city for them to poke & prod my aching body, back to the side effects of the injectible medications, and back to having a belly that resembles a black & blue pin cushion. This just wasn't fair. Why do I hear stories every single day about accidental pregnancies? Why do those women deserve to become parents easily and I don't?

And more importantly, why were both cycles of injectable IUIs failures? I had the laparoscopy. My doctor had supposedly fixed me. Why couldn't I get pregnant, even with the aid of hormones, and doctors probing me, and nurses shoving sperm up my nether regions? Somethinig was still wrong but nobody could figure out what it was. I'm just so tired of all of this bullshit.

No comments: